Can you keep the manticore tables updated to the source where the data is taken from?

Query, I have already created all my tables, I have some flat and other rt, how do I get the rt to be updated as soon as the tables of which I made an attach are updated.

Can you keep the manticore tables updated to the source where the data is taken from?

There isn’t a ‘automated’ process as such. This is one area that ‘plain’ indexes, can be easier to use - as can quite easily ‘automate’ the updates, by calling indexer on a ‘schedule’. But may have to tolerate some delay.

In general the expected solution is have the ‘application’ take care of updating. Ie when it updates the ‘database’, it ALSO updates the ‘index’ in manticore. Ie sends the updates to both in real time.

You can try to develop a solution, that does it somewhat dynamically, eg using ‘triggers’ in the database engine (assuming your chosen solution supports triggers) - but can be tricky to implement, and make robust. Not aware of any ‘robust’ plugins for doing that, so tends to be done by homegrown solutions tailored to your particular app.

1 Like