Manticore and ZFS filesystem

Hello,

I am wondering if there are ideal settings to use when storing Manticore Indices on a ZFS filesystem? I am using the OpenZFS MySQL guidelines as a general base: Workload Tuning — OpenZFS documentation

I currently have a separate dataset for the data and log directories. A few settings I am wondering about in particular; should I disable LZ4 compression in Manticore, and let ZFS handle this? Also, should I change the MC docstore_block_size to match the ZFS dataset recordsize (128K default)?

Any information on this would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Hello

I currently have a separate dataset for the data and log directories. A few settings I am wondering about in particular; should I disable LZ4 compression in Manticore, and let ZFS handle this?

I wouldn’t recommend it, as not everything in Manticore is stored compressed. If the data that isn’t meant to be compressed gets compressed, it might significantly affect performance.

Also, should I change the MC docstore_block_size to match the ZFS dataset recordsize (128K default)?

It’s an interesting idea. I’m not sure whether you can gain any extra performance from it though. Why don’t you benchmark it and share the results?

1 Like