mysqldump fails on debian bookworm and mariadb

Hi,
We’ve had a cron job that creates a weekly physical backup using manticore-backup and daily logical backups with mysqldump for each table. After migrating our server to another service provider and at the same time upgrading debian to bookworm (12.7), the mysqldump has been failing:

--sample error below for a test table "products" (rt) and without writing to file
mysqldump --compact -h0 -P9306 manticore products
mysqldump: Error: 'P01: syntax error, unexpected SELECT near 'SELECT DISTINCT LOGFILE_GROUP_NAME FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA.FILES WHERE FILE_TYPE = 'DATAFILE' AND TABLESPACE_NAME IN (SELECT DISTINCT TABLESPACE_NAME FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA.PARTITIONS WHERE TABLE_SCHEMA='manticore' AND TABLE_NAME IN ('products'))) GROUP BY LOGFILE_GROUP_NAME, FILE_NAME, ENGINE, TOTAL_EXTENTS, INITIAL_SIZE ORDER BY LOGFILE_GROUP_NAME'' when trying to dump tablespaces
mysqldump: Couldn't execute 'SELECT table_name FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA.TABLES WHERE table_schema = DATABASE() AND table_name = 'products'': P01: syntax error, unexpected identifier near 'DATABASE() AND table_name = 'products'' (1064)

Any ideas what could be causing this? We are using manticore 6.3.6 on debian 12.7. and mariadb 10.11.6. When migrating servers I think there was a slight version update to manticore, too.

Can you please run show version and let me know the output? It’s the easiest way to make sure Manticore Buddy is up and running (may be important with some mariadb-dump versions).

Ah, that was it, thanks!

At first show version didn’t work, but after installing manticore-extra and restarting manticore service mysqldump worked again. I didn’t realize that Buddy was required for it, too. I’m just wondering why manticore-extra wasn’t installed; could it be that apt autoremove has removed it if it hasn’t realized it’s in use…? :thinking:

could it be that apt autoremove has removed it if it hasn’t realized it’s in use…?

Yes, it could - Add a file to manticore-extra deb package · Issue #64 · manticoresoftware/executor · GitHub

It’s fixed in the dev version - Manticore Search Manual