OR search with no results

I’m new to Manticore, and I have a (hopefully) quick question. If I can do MATCH('*abc* *123*') and get results, why get no results when I add an OR search term, such as MATCH('*abc* | *123* | *def*')? I would think that searching for abc or 123 or anything else would return at the minimum the same results as abc and 123. What am I missing? Can you not do wildcards with OR?

wildcards should work will with OR operator and it should provide more documents.

It could be better to provide reproducible example of you case.

I found the issue, OR is functioning as expected. The issue was that I ran out of brain power and missed some code. Nothing to do with Manticore.

I can not reproduce the issue you described - for me all works well in master version of daemon

mysql> drop table if exists test;
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)

mysql> CREATE TABLE test (name text) min_infix_len = '2';
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.01 sec)

mysql> INSERT INTO test (name) VALUES ('AMTROL® Well-X-Trol DuraBase WX-202D Well Tank, 20 gal Tank, 15 in Dia, 32 in H, 1 in Connection, PTF Connection' );
Query OK, 1 row affected (0.00 sec)

mysql> SELECT * FROM test WHERE MATCH ('*202*');
+---------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| id                  | name
                  |
+---------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| 7856884922907099137 | AMTROL® Well-X-Trol DuraBase WX-202D Well Tank, 20 gal Tank, 15 in Dia, 32 in H, 1 in Connection, PTF Connection  |
1 row in set (0.00 sec)
--- 1 out of 1 results in 0ms ---

mysql> SELECT * FROM test WHERE MATCH ('*202* *tank*');
                  |
| 7856884922907099137 | AMTROL® Well-X-Trol DuraBase WX-202D Well Tank, 20 gal Tank, 15 in Dia, 32 in H, 1 in Connection, PTF Connection  |
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> SELECT * FROM test WHERE MATCH ('*202* *tank* *abc123*');
Empty set (0.00 sec)
--- 0 out of 0 results in 0ms ---

mysql> SELECT * FROM test WHERE MATCH ('*202* | *tank* | *abc123*');
                  |
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

I need reproducible example to investigate issue further.
Could you also check your product_index with indextool to make sure the index is valid?