Request for ManticoreSearch Java SDK Upgrade to JDK 17

Dear ManticoreSearch Team,

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to kindly request an upgrade of the ManticoreSearch Java SDK to support JDK 17. This upgrade would greatly benefit developers working with modern Java frameworks, particularly Spring Boot 3.x and above.

As you may be aware, JDK 17 introduced several new language features and performance improvements, making it a preferred choice for many Java developers. However, the current ManticoreSearch Java SDK lacks compatibility with JDK 17, limiting its usage in projects that require the latest Java version.

By upgrading the ManticoreSearch Java SDK to support JDK 17, you would enable developers to leverage the full potential of the latest Java features and enhancements in their applications. This would greatly enhance the developer experience and allow for better integration with modern Java frameworks, such as Spring Boot 3.x.

Furthermore, the upgrade would ensure the long-term viability and relevance of the ManticoreSearch Java SDK in the rapidly evolving Java ecosystem. It would demonstrate your commitment to providing up-to-date and compatible tools for developers, which in turn would attract a wider audience and contribute to the growth of the ManticoreSearch community.

I understand that upgrading the SDK to a new Java version may involve significant effort and resources. However, I believe that the benefits it would bring to the developer community and the increased adoption of ManticoreSearch justify the investment.

Thank you for considering my request. I look forward to your response and any updates regarding the availability of a JDK 17-compatible ManticoreSearch Java SDK.

Best regards.

you could create PR at the Github with the proposed changes

particularly Spring Boot 3.x and above

We recently released a new version of the Java Client and this should be supported now.